How To Do A 500 Word Essay: The Complete Instruction
When a teacher has to grade a lot of compositions, he or she may give you a content limit for the composition. The teacher is also curious to see how you can use this limit wisely to deliver your message. It helps you to eliminate those extra comments, which are considered filler. 500-words is about a page long. You can use our complete instruction on how to do a 500-word limit paper.
The Complete Instruction
- 100 word paragraphs-the easiest thing to do is to allot yourself five 100-word paragraphs. You can track the length as you write. Do not concentrate too much if you go over the limit as you write the essay. You can trim at the end of the rough draft writing. That trimming will probably take place in the introduction and the conclusion segments.
- The outline-an outline is an absolute necessity when keeping to a teacher imposed limit. With this amount of content, you will not want more than two supports for each paragraph topic sentence. More than that will cause you to exceed your required limit. You can have only two main points for a four-paragraph paper, if you are having trouble keeping to the limit. You would have a 100-word introduction and conclusion and two 150-word main body paragraphs. If you want to further explore different paragraph limits, do it as you work on your outline.
- Useless language-every single writer has a style. In that style the writer unconsciously uses un-necessary content. For example, I use the word “that” when it is not necessary and could be removed without compromising the sentence structure or meaning. Learn your extra bad habits, so you can eliminate them.
- How to trim and edit-once you have trimmed the un-necessary language you tend to use, you can then see if removing or joining sentences can help you to trim. You can also look to your adjectives and get rid of some of them. Adjectives are considered weak. Nouns and verbs are much more important in a composition.
- Peer proffer-if you have trimmed all you can and still exceed your limit, ask a peer to glance at your paper and see if they can help you to trim some of the paper.
As you write this limited language essay, use our handy tips and complete construction to guide you to success.