What Are Some Descriptive Essay Topics To Make My Paper A Success?
Writing a descriptive paper is all about the topic. The right subject written in the paper can make you get good grades and impress the teacher while the wrong topic will result in poor grades. Here are a few points to help you choose. You do not have to write on one from the list but by going through the list you will be able to come up with new and interesting ideas yourself.
The subject you decide to write your descriptive essay on must be unique and fresh. If you decide to work on an overused topic, make sure you give fresh insights and points that will make the essay better and interesting to the reader. Try to write the paper in your own words even if you are making it up.
Topics for a successful descriptive essay:
- Your favorite and cherished memory from high school
- Once incident from childhood that you still remember
- The first time you decided to act in a play or made an appearance at the elocution competition
- One unique experience of running the marathon
- The lucky charm you always carry on yourself
- The best dish you can cook
- One food at the local food joint absolutely adore and the reason why it is your favorite
- The superhero whose comics you collect or your favorite super hero character
- The best fantasy fiction writer and what makes the novels so interesting
- The one season you absolutely hate and reason why you cannot tolerate that season
- The one time you participate in an adventure sport like bungee jumping or paragliding and how that turned out to be
- The various industries and their practices have destroyed the earth’s environment. Write a descriptive essay on it.
- One day in your life that turned out to be a nightmare
- What career do you fancy for yourself and the reason why you want to take up that profession?
- One camping trip that you cannot easily forget
- Your favorite Halloween costume and character do you like to dress up as
- The class reunion that changed your perspective about past class mates
- Describe a walk through a natural rain forest
- The favorite vacation you have ever spent and the place where you went
- What types of dance do you absolutely loath and the reason behind it?
- One long and monotonous day spend at school or at home doing chores
- One bright sunny day spent at the sea beach and how you enjoyed it