Where to get top-grade university-level essay examples
It is difficult to write any article or essay at any level if you do not know exactly what is expected. Tutors and professors can tell you what you should and should not include in your essays, how to structure and how to cite references but unless you have seen a good example of a university-level essay you are really scrabbling around in the dark. You know that the university essay is a step up from school essays but you need to see for yourself good examples. The majority of people are visual learners to some degree and we learn by example, so examples are the way forward
Points to look out for
- Essays that are representational of your field of study
- Essays that use the same referencing format as you have been instructed to use
- Essays that are rated good to outstanding
- Essays that have been annotated by the marking professor.
Where to look
- It is always worth asking your professor first, they may actually have used one or two examples that they have highlighted to the class during a lecture. They may not spend time themselves giving you a lecture on essay construction, but may invite a member of the Learning Support team to give some instruction.
- The university library may hold some examples. Ask the Librarian, if they cannot help you they will certainly point you in the right direction.
- Look online. There are several websites that offer help and support to university students. The websites may fall into two categories. The first category may be dedicated to offering support and tips to students, generally these sites do not charge for their advice. They will probably have several examples that you can access that will be of help to you. The second category will be sites that offer a support and writing service for students. These sites usually cost, but you may be able to get a free download by signing up for email selling their services.
- Check out utube or other sites like it. Use key words that give s rough description of what you are looking for. The clever thing with using this type of resource is that you can get a free example and a demonstration of how to write a university level essay that you can play back whenever you need. It’s kind of like your own tutorial on hand all the time.
Whichever option you choose make sure that you are accessing a quality example.