Where To Find Free Essays For College Students: A Guide For The Starters
The jump up to college can be stressful enough. Maybe you have moved away from home for the first time. Perhaps all your friends are now in a different city, and you need a whole new support network. And on top of all that your lecturers and tutors are expecting the production of work in any given style they set. You should have been taught all that at High School.
Of course, the first place that springs to mind is searching on the World Wide Web. The answer is out there. A word of caution, it is always a temptation to go for the easy path and click on the first option that your browser churns out. Be very careful of what you find online; how do you know if the paper you have found is a good or bad example? Check out these other options as well.
Places to look.
- Find a trusted academic website. If you must use the internet, and it is very easy to locate information this way, specify “academic” or “scholastic” in your browser search question.
Another way of finding a suitable website is ask other students for their advice. Find someone who has already taken this course. What did they use?
- The Library may keep essay samples. Ask to see them. Many of these will not be available online.
- Ask a student who has already taken your course if you can read one of their papers. In this instance beware plagiarism creeping into your work. It is easy to phrase similar sentences accidentally, in the same way. Your tutor will recognize the work of previous students.
- Writing companies often put samples of the types of essay they provide on their websites. It is worth a look to see if they have displayed any of the kinds of essay you need.
- A Proofreading website might highlight their skills by showcasing an un-proofread paper side by side with a proofread version. This is even more helpful in that it shows how to proofread – a great skill for when you finish your paper.
- If all else fails, you can ask your tutor. This is the option if you are completely stuck, but tutors often keep copies of the best essays they have received so they can remember that there are good students out there.